On November 22 2016, over 200 office sector professionals gathered for the first ever BCO NextGen Awards. An event which saw awards being given to rising stars within commercial property and to the people and places that inspired them.
Held at U+I's offices in London, young professionals from across the UK gathered to recognise and celebrate mentors, innovative workplaces and inspirational future leaders of the office sector.
After several months of nominations, shortlisting and judging by panels of NextGen committee leaders, sponsors, members and BCO President, John Forrester, the night finally arrived to reveal the winners.
The BCO NextGen Awards had the privilege of being presented by architect, sustainability champion and TV presenter, Oliver Heath who announced the winners of nine categories: mentor of the year, five regional rising stars, Innovative FitOut, Innovative Workplace and Trailblazer. Read on for details of the winners and pictures of the evening.
|BCO NextGen Awards 2016 were presented by Oliver Heath|
The BCO and BCO NextGen would like to say a special thank you to our sponsors U+I, Wates, Aecom, Gardiner & Theobald, Aberdeen Asset, Alinea and Faithful & Gould.
The winners of the 2016 BCO NextGen Awards:
- Mentor of the Year: Nick Searl, Partner, Argent
- NextGen Choice Award – Innovative Fitout: North – Berghaus HQ, Sunderland
- NextGen Choice Award – Innovative Workplace: Midlands and East Anglia – 22 Station Road, Cambridge
- Trailblazer: Michelle Rothwell, MD, Watch This Space
- Rising star Scotland: Jordan McCaffery, Partner, HK Surveying & Design
- Rising star North: Michelle Rothwell, MD, Watch This Space
- Rising star Midlands: Sunil Johal, Project Director, Argent LLP
- Rising star South West: Drew Nesbitt, Senior Associate, Burgess Salmon
- Rising star London and South East: Simon Wyatt, Associate Director, Cundall